Bal Surakshya Bachat
This Product Paper states and defines process/procedures relating to Bal Surakshya Bachat.
This product has been designed to encourage guardian to save money in the name of their Kids/Children for the future. The product will primarily target to Kids/Children. This saving helps parents to provide better education to their child that helps to secure their future. When the child grows up and starts his/her higher education, the cost tends to become expensive. So, saving from the early days will reduce the burden of the cost in future.
Type of Deposit
Purpose of the Deposit
- Enhances the saving habit of customers.
- Increases Cross-Selling opportunities.
- Increases total deposit mix of the bank.
- To reduce concentration on corporate and call deposit (comparatively volatile in nature).
- This is a Personal Individual Deposit Account opened on behalf of children below 18 years of age by their parents/guardians..
- Minimum Balance to be maintained : NPR 100/-
- Interest Rate: Interest on daily balance payable quarterly. The rate will be decided by the Board of Directors of the bank. However, the rate of interest is subject to change depending on the market. (Click Here)
- Tax on interest shall be levied as per prevailing Income Tax Act.
- After completion of 18 years of age, the account holder shall submit the citizenship certificate and a photo and the account shall be changed into Normal Saving Account.
- No limit for withdrawal.
- Free ABBS Facility
- 0.5% premium on FD account of parent/guardian (Signatory).
- Free On demand account statement ree On demand account statement
- As per Operation Manual/KYC& AML Policy/ NRB Directives.